Sunday, May 2, 2010

New Music From Kyle

Check out http://kylepatrick.bandcamp.com/ to listen to Kyle's album kp online. We've heard two of the songs already, but the new ones are great as well! Below is an excerpt from the site, a little message from Kyle.

This is my first creation as a solo artist. I began these recordings in February of 2008 by tracking a few songs in a cathedral in Charleston, SC, 2 of which are on this EP ("Second Nature" & "I Only Know How To Be In Love"), and then picked up in late 2009 continuing into early 2010 to finish these six. I originally looked at them as demos, something I wouldn't release, but by the encouragement and support of my family and friends, I'm releasing them to the public. Some of them are raw, especially "light At The End Of The Tunnel." It was recorded live the moment I wrote it... on the internal mic in my mac laptop. Some of them are more produced, "Second Nature," for example is the product of a 3 year layering process leading up to the Charleston recordings in '08.
Mentally, the song that brought me to the final realization of this project is "Another Life." It's a song that, upon it's completion, I instantly felt, and began working and writing other songs to join it, which led to "Take Me Home" and "Don't Think Twice." I moved to Brooklyn NY in late 2009, and began recording these 3 songs on and off for 5 months. Finishing in February, 2010.
I do hope you enjoy and pass along to your friends, these songs mean alot to me.
-kp

2 comments:

  1. i dont know how to add a blog or whatevermusic but you should check out Kyles official Facebook page.
    there's an updated story about him and a little part of it is about up comes the astronaut :)
    x, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have a link to it? i've searched all over and can't seem to find it, haha. thank you for the info!

    ReplyDelete